Dzień Ojca

MotoGP Silverstone: Leading Brit Smith 'hugely excited' - crash.net


Bradley Smith's best MotoGP season reaches his home round at Silverstone this weekend.

One of five riders to score points in all eleven races this year, Smith holds a career best fifth in the world championship as the leading British and satellite competitor.

Smith is yet to confirm his 2016 plans, but few will be surprised if he is announced as remaining at Monster Yamaha Tech 3 during this weekend.

"This weekend will be one of the highlights of the year for me as I will be riding in front of my fantastic fans at my home Grand Prix at Silverstone," said Smith. "I am hugely excited for the race on Sunday and of course I will be giving nothing less than 110% as I aim to clinch a super result aboard the Yamaha.

"So far this season has been very positive with some really strong finishes and is definitely a testament of how hard and closely the team and I have been working. Therefore, I will be pushing again this weekend as I intend to be fighting in the top six or maybe even higher on Sunday.

"My best result at Silverstone was second in the wet race in the Moto2 class during the 2011 season after qualifying in 28th. Of course, this is a very happy memory, but it motivates me more than ever for this weekend.

"We don't know what to expect with the weather, but I am ready and I will do my best to get my fans cheering and their support really spurs me on, so I hope to hear them all around the track!"

Smith's best Silverstone MotoGP finish is a ninth place in his rookie 2013 season, a result he will expect to beat having finished in the top six at seven races this year.

Team manager Herve Poncharal said: "This week will, of course, be big for our British rider Bradley as it's his home race, but he's ready for the challenge. After his season of impressive results we are very confident that he can produce a strong finish on his home soil and battle inside the top six.

"The Tech3 Team has employed a lot of En glish riders in the past, so there is no doubt that this race is always close to our hearts and we will do our best to give the British fans a great show."

Search This Blog