Dzień Ojca

The ‘Angry Birds’ Movie Brings the Games to the Big Screen


the angry birds, movie, sony pictures

(c) Sony Pictures

The Angry Birds movie loosely follows the plot of the games but tells the story in a way that all ages will enjoy

When I heard they were going to make an Angry Birds movie I thought the same thing many people did; good god why do they want to do that?!? The games are very popular and have spawned a ton of sequels. I have played it myself and I can see why people enjoy it. The basic idea is that you are birds who have had your eggs stolen by a bunch of pigs and you must get them back. After seeing the first trailer months ago my hopes were raised a bit, maybe it won't be so bad after all. My review of the first Angry Birds trailer[1] can be read by clicking on the link.  After seeing the second trailer and finally understanding what the plot was I thought to myself an� �Angry Birds film may be worth watching. I was able to see the Angry Birds movie this weekend and here is my opinion of it.

the angry birds, movie, sony pictures

(c) Sony Pictures

You can read the plot to the Angry Birds movie below:

"Flightless birds lead a mostly happy existence, except for Red (Jason Sudeikis), who just can't get past the daily annoyances of life. His temperament leads him to anger management class, where he meets fellow misfits Chuck (Josh Gad) and Bomb (Danny McBride). Red becomes even more agitated when his feathered brethren welcome green pigs to their island paradise. As the swine begin to get under his skin, Red joins forces with Chuck and Bomb to investigate the real reason behind their mysterious arrival."

the angry birds, movie, sony pictures

(c) Sony Pictures

I thoroughly enjoyed the Angry Birds movie. It has a ton of corny jokes and some ridiculous situations but that doesn't hurt the film too much. It is mainly made for kids and it was clear in the screening I attended the kids loved every minute of this movie. They laughed at all of the jokes, enjoyed all of the different birds and loved the piggies. I have to say the best thing about the Angry Birds movie is the characters. Most of the pigs are used just for different kinds of gags and few of them have a real purpose in this movie, except for Chief Pig (Billy Eichner). This is a true bad guy, someone who makes everyone believe he only wants peace when in reality there may be other things on his mind. Even though it was kind of obvious to me what his plan really was it was still fun to see it all unfold before me. My favorite character though was Red because he was a character who was more than just an angry bird. There was depth to this character and he grows by leaps and bounds during this picture. Overall Angry Birds is a movie that is made for kids but has plenty of things for adults to enjoy too.

the angry birds, movie, sony pictures

(c) Sony Pictures

Angry Birds has earned 8/10. I was unsure if I would like this movie going into it but found myself enjoying it more than originally expected. It truly has a wonderful cast, a clever soundtrack and the special effects are just amazing. Whether you have played the games or not this is a movie everyone can enjoy. It has a wonderful climatic finale that is truly a joy to watch and once it is all over audiences are sure to be pleased with the end result. The only fault I can find is that I wish some of the jokes had been smarter, they fell flat for me most of the time. Other than that though it is a movie destined to do pretty and fans of the games will love it.

For those with young kids this is the movie to take them to see. If you have ever played the games you won't want to miss out on this film. Angry Birds comes out this Friday. Be sure to follow the Angry Birds movie on Facebook[2] and Twitter[3].

See the birds get angry in the trailer below:

References

  1. ^ trailer (goodmenproject.com)
  2. ^ Facebook (www.facebook.com)
  3. ^ Twitter (twitter.com)

SourceListen MP3 Music

Search This Blog