Dzień Ojca

THE MotoGP QUESTION: Which Sports Star Do You Admire the Most? We asked eight ... - Cycleworld


Valentino Rossi

Valentino Rossi: "I follow all kind of sports, but motorsport remains my favorite. In particular, I like rally. Whenever it was possible, I did some rally races. When I will have more time, I would like to do some more."

Jorge LorenzoJorge Lorenzo: "I have always admired Michael Jordan and Ayrton Senna. They were Sportsmen with a capital S. They were the reference in their sports. They were known worldwide, they had a special talent and a strong personality. I also like football players like Leo Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo. I love football and these two guys raised the bar in their sport."

Ayrton Senna race action

Leo Messi

Andrea DoviziosoAndrea Dovizioso: "Alessandro Del Piero because he is a champion, but also a person who I like a lot and I've been lucky enough to know him. Del Piero was world champion with the Italian football team in 2006 and he played as a striker."

Alessandro Del Piero

Nicky HaydenNicky Hayden: "I like basketball quite a lot and Michael Jordan was my hero when I was growing up. I like him, but I also like cycling."

Michael Jordan

Marc MarquezMarc Marquez: "Leo Messi. I think he is the best football player ever. He is a star and he also plays for my favorite team, Barcelona. With them, he won the Champions League four times. When I was a kid, I was also very good at playing football and a local team chose me. They wanted me to play for them. I had to choose about my future and I decided for the bikes. Like Messi, I was very small when I was a kid."

Leo Messi headshot

Scott ReddingScott Redding: "I don't really follow sports outside of motorcycle racing, but I've read Mike Tyson's autobiography and his single mindedness and dedication to achieving his goals impressed me."

Mike Tyson

Bradley SmithBradley Smith: "I admire Ricky Carmichael. He changed the dynamics of a motorcycle racer, especially in motocross. He was one of the first to hire a trainer, he took the preparation seriously, and he paid his trainer to be with him every day. He was the initiator, and I have a lot of respect for that. And I also I admire him so much because he really dominated the sport for a long period. Having such a strong determination every day when you have won so many titles really impresses me."

Ricky Carmichael

Pol EspargaroPol Espargaro: "I have never been the kind of guy who has a favorite sports star. I love all kind of sports and I admire all the athletes. I have a lot of respect for the marathon runners, for all the effort that this discipline requires, but I also admire the concentration of a surfer before jumping on his board or a tennis player when he has to face a very demanding opponent. I love in particular surfing and kite surfing, and in this discipline the star is Gisela Pulido, who has dominated since she was a kid. The surfer I admire is Aritz Aranburu.

Gisela Pulido

Search This Blog