Dzień Ojca

MotoGP News: Moto3: Vinales thrown lifeline as Carrasco replacement - crash.net


Isaac Vinales will replace the injured Ana Carrasco at the Red Bull Indianapolis Moto3 Grand Prix next weekend.

Carrasco broke the top of her humerus in her left shoulder after coming off in the German round at the Sachsenring and has had a titanium plate inserted during surgery in Barcelona.

Her fitness will be assessed ahead of the Czech round at Brno, but in the meantime Vinales will take over in the RBA Racing team, jumping at the opportunity to continue in Moto3 after he was replaced in the Husqvarna Factory Laglisse Team by Lorenzo Dalla Porta during the summer break.

Vinales, currently eighth in the championship standings, will be keen to make an impression at Indy on the KTM after failing to meet the expectations of his former team.

Meanwhile, Italian teenager Dalla Porta is aiming to adapt quickly to the Moto3 World Championship after competing in the Italian Moto3 prior to his switch to the Laglisse Academy team in the FIM CEV Repsol Moto3 Junior World C hampionship this season.

The 18-year-old, who won the Italian 125cc title in 2012, said: "I will run with a factory bike in Moto3 and I will have to adjust to it quickly, but I guess it will be better.

"There are differences in the two machines, so I find it hard to make a comparison, but the biggest change will be in the chassis and the engine.

"Continuing to work with the same team will be a big advantage, as I know the guys and work well with all of them," added Dalla Porta, who has never raced at Indianapolis before.

"I think we can do a good job because I will be working with people who believe in me, although I need to have more confidence in myself. In the first round, it will be important to learn as much as I can by observing other riders.

"I think it is a great opportunity for me and I hope to make the most of it."

Dalla Porta will run the number 48 in tribute to his Grandma Nicoletta in reference to the year of her birth, who bought him his very first motorcycle to allow him to pursue his dream of becoming a racer.

Search This Blog