Dzień Ojca

Alex Morgan posts strong message about her readiness for World Cup She's ... - USA TODAY


She's been injured since early April. 2.7k shares share tweet sms send email Andy Marlin-USA TODAY Sports

Andy Marlin-USA TODAY Sports

Alex Morgan hasn't started a game for the U.S. national team since early April and missed all three send-off matches thanks to a bruised bone in her left knee.

She's been "day-to-day" in order to get back to full strength before the Americans' first game on June 8 against Australia, but it's unknown just how much playing time she will get having not played a full game in more than a month.

Team USA is currently in Winnipeg preparing for the World Cup and Friday, Morgan posted a strong message on Instagram regarding her status.

I've had to put in a lot of work off the field. A lot of time watching my teammates. A lot of time to think. A lot of time to keep the faith, and that's what I've done. "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." #nomaybes #threedays

A photo posted by Alex Morgan (@alexmorgan13) on Jun 5, 2015 at 12:23pm PDT

It's a little cryptic in the sense that the "#threedays" could be in reference to the fact that the U.S. plays its first game in three days, or Morgan is telling fans she'll be healthy enough to play by then.

Last week when the team was in New York, the star forward was asked about her health.

"There's no question in my mind that my knee won't be bothering me. I'll be 100%," she said. "I'm looking forward to the World Cup and knowing that's not going to set me back at all."

2.7k shares share tweet sms send email Sports news worth sharing!

Get the latest from FTW in your feed.

Search This Blog